I was just recently nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Desiree B over at Inky Tavern. Pretty cool, right?
I’ve seen this floating around a couple other blogs I follow but, to be completely honest, I haven’t really looked into what it is. I did a bit of poking around and the rules are that I have to come up with eleven facts about myself, nominate eleven other blogs with less than/around 200 followers, and then come up with eleven questions for them to answer in a post of their own. Lots of work to be done here. Let’s get to it, shall we?
Eleven Things You Might Not Already Know About Arya:
- Arya has a severe addiction to dark chocolate covered almonds.
- Arya is currently working on an “art wall” in her room where she puts up lots of drawings and paintings.
- Arya has always wanted to write a novel about underwater super spies.
- Arya just recently watched The Avengers for the first time in her life. Ever.
- Arya has a creepy monkey stuffed animal that can double up as a puppet (his name is Dexter).
- Arya has a music competition/performance thing coming up on Saturday (which is the main reason she hasn’t been writing much!)
- Arya is frequently late for English class every morning due to oversleeping.
- Arya has built her Tiny Tower up to be 78 floors (so far).
- Arya is an Aquarius (she goes with the flow, bro).
- Arya is currently writing the second draft of her novel.
- Arya thoroughly enjoys talking about herself in the third person.
Desiree B’s Eleven Questions:
What’s your biggest goal for the month?
Mainly to finish school! Three weeks left until summer, but before the lovely day is the looming obstacle of finals week.
What milestone are you hoping to accomplish in the next five years?
I really hope that I’m able to finish my current novel and write another one I have planned out 🙂 I’m also keeping my fingers crossed that I’ll be able to find myself a good college to go to.
What’s the biggest milestone that you’ve accomplished thus far?
Well, for me, finishing middle school was enough of a milestone in itself. Moving to a completely new school with completely new people was a pretty big step for me, and I’m quite proud of myself for not giving into my hermit-esque ways right at the beginning of freshman year.
When you started your blog, what was your first expectations for it? Has it changed?
I actually had a more “professional” vision for this blog in the beginning… I was going to make it into a portfolio of sorts, but then I realized that “professional” isn’t quite my style. I like fish and bubbles and cute worms far too much to be serious.
Aside from writing, what other activity captures your interest?
Most definitely music- I’ve been learning violin for almost seven years now, and I’ve taught myself a bit of piano, guitar, and ukulele along the way. I’m also super interested in art and film, more specifically graphic design and animation.
Where is your favorite place to read or write?
My hermit cave (what normal humans call “bedrooms”), of course. I do enjoy a good read in the nearby park or in my backyard, though.
Who is your favorite author?
I have quite a few, but I’ve gotta go with JK Rowling (because Harry Potter), Rick Riordan (because Percy Jackson), or John Green (because he’s John Green).
What keeps you going when things get rough?
A word of advice about tough times to all you lovely nerdlings reading this: things might be difficult now, but just like PE class, it will all eventually be over.
If you could give one life tip, what would it be?
Do what you love! Use that wonderful life of yours to do something equally wonderful. 😀
What genre interests you the most and why?
Book-wise, I’d have to go with fantasy, sci-fi, or YA contemporary. Somehow many nonfiction books don’t appeal to me quite as much, so I tend to lean towards the fiction side of stories.
Out of all your favorite books, which character do you wish you could be? (Oh, and you can’t use your book)
This is a tough question… but I think I’m going to have to say Hermione Granger from Harry Potter. I do not feel the need to justify my reasoning.
I Choose… YOU!
My nominees for the Liebster Award are…
- Sun, Sand, Stars, and Dreams
- The Musings of Writesy
- Little Miss Nerdy Bookworm
- Kaleidoscopic Kites
- Songs of Fragile Thunder
- Melissa the CIT
- Endless Imaginings
- Girl with the Silver Locket
- A Beautiful Thing is Never Perfect
- Let’s Live Forever
Questions for You (warning: I am terrible at coming up with questions)
- What kind of things do you like to write? Novels, short stories, poems, whatever else… and why?
- What do you like to do when you’re stressed and want to wind down?
- Who is your favorite music artist/band?
- Do you play any musical instruments? If so, what? If not, would you like to play one?
- What inspires you to do what you love (whether it be writing or something else)?
- What does your favorite outfit look like? Describe it. Why do you like it?
- If you could travel back in time, where would you go and what would you do?
- Are you a procrastinator or a… well… non-procrastinator?
- If you had a magical power, what would it be?
- What would you say right now if you knew the entire world could hear you?
- What book would you recommend to read?
Whew, that took a solid half hour to do. Have fun, nerdlings! 🙂