1. You are more comfortable writing in the dark with black ink than you will ever be with indigo on a sunny day.
2. Airports are stressful but it will all be over soon enough. Chill out because (basically) everyone there is having the same thoughts of anxiety.
3. Continuing on the subjects of airports and airplanes, you will most likely never see any of these people ever again in your life.
4. Pee before getting into the rental car for a 2-hour long drive.
5. People are becoming more and more accomplished at younger and younger ages, but chances are that they still don’t quite feel like it’s enough. Just like you.
6. Spend an hour someday learning the smaller nuances of the Google Maps app because chances are, it will be a helpful tool in unfamiliar territory. Namely long freeways.
7. Always bring running shoes and sweats. Exercise is good for you. Don’t borrow too-small shoes and end up with ankle blisters.
8. Constantly keep an open mind. Once in a while, try to make “yes” the default answer. Be spontaneous.
9. But also don’t be afraid to turn down something if it really, truly doesn’t sit right in the pit of your stomach.
10. Always keep a pair of headphones on you but don’t feel the need to constantly use them. When you’re waiting to meet someone at a coffee shop, put the phone away and admire the artsy decor.
11. Tell people you love them every chance you possibly get.